OOC Games Idea - Perks

A discussion on the various types of Out of Character (OOC) games. Information on upcoming game dates, game rules and instructions, and suggestions for new games.
Kryger
Gamesmaster
Posts in topic: 1

OOC Games Idea - Perks

Post by Kryger » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:07 pm

While we await the Combat Update, I have been tossing around some ideas for OOC Games that may help bring some sort of balance to the games so we will not have to wait for the update to have them again. I would really like to hear some ideas from everyone on the use of perks, explained below.

Perks will be used in team games by the captain to enhance their strategy while potentially leveling the playing field or giving their team an advantage. The captain that wins the coin toss or dice roll will have the option of picking their perk first or taking first pick of a team mate. After they choose, the choice then extends to the next captain and so on until pick order has been determined for all captains. The teams are then selected and perks chosen once teams have gathered in their section of the arena after a brief chance to strategize. Some testing will need to be done to determine whether or not other teams should know what perks have been chosen. Once perks have been chosen, the 2 minute countdown begins. Only team captains can use the perk and must do so before center room only is called. When the captain uses it, an announcement will be made what it is and that it will be applied in 30 seconds.

Here are some perk examples:

* Remove one player from another team (besides team captain) from the arena for x minute(s).
* Temporary rule change: No healing for x minute(s).
* All other teams must engage in Center Death.
* Permanent rule change: Northern or southern rooms off limits for the remainder of the round.
* Bring back dead team mate for x minute(s).

There is no guarantee that every idea submitted here will be used (and some may be used in part) but the more we come up with, the better.

Thank you,

Kryger

Shattered Mind
Citizen of Archai

Re: OOC Games Idea - Perks

Post by Shattered Mind » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:01 am

I love that games might be coming back!

Alright, shadow type perks must be considered.

1. Limited amount of time for hiding/shadow striking/backstabbing.
2. Limited number of SS/BS attempts within a certain time frame.
3. Poison use.

Shattered Mind

Xiija
Citizen of Archai

Post by Xiija » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:07 pm

1. Priests get a second life :P
2. No pummel for x minutes.

X͕̝̦̹̻̟ͧ̃̃̓I͕͍̫͍̞ͨ̆̒ͯ̏̿͑I͖̹̮̬̬͚̬͈ͧͬ̄̚J̙̩̗̙̹ͥ͂̆ͨ̒Ạ̖̻͈̠̣̦̖ͤ̋̽ͨͣ ̠̳͉̻̙̙̹̝͖ͮ͛̔̈ͬA̱͖̐̋̒̊ͬ̂ͫN̠͍̝̰͙̼ͦ̀͊͆͗̾ͫZ̘̞̒͐͊U͓̫ͭͨ́ͤ̇̎̂ͮͅ

Kody_Oakborne
Citizen of Archai

Post by Kody_Oakborne » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:07 pm

I'd just like to play some OOC games, whatever perks or whatnot there are. I wasn't around for them before so IDK the balance issues, I'd just enjoy getting to know the players and doing some ooc pvp.

May the trees guard you, and house you, and guide you.
Kody

Shadowbane
Citizen of Archai

Post by Shadowbane » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:27 am

There was already a rule for hiding. People couldn't stay hidden beyond a certain amount of time. Assassin and thief SS and BS abilities are unreliable to start with, and they're o

If you're going to limit an entire class type's "bread and butter" abilities, better make it across the board. No heals, no walls, no advanced damage spells, no bows.

I'd like to see more 1v1 stuff. Each team sending one person in. Winner faces the other team's second pick. Kinda like a survival mode.

Hierophant of Itzal